We do not hold or use any information that you provide, or which we collect, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), nor do we transfer it to, or share it with, others within or outside the EEA (except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it).
Section I. The Information We Collect
The Afrikan Aesthetic collects the following data from you:
a). Personal data may include but may not be limited to all or part of the following:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Payment details (e.g. credit card details).
- Billing address
We collect personal information when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information during the purchase process, which you agree to supply us as accurate.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
- b) Usage data (Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Section II. How Your Data Will Be Used
We use the information we collect from you for the following:
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Providing and managing your account and/or subscription(s).
- To customize the website for you.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about.
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To process payments.
Our processing of your personal data is in our legitimate interests and is necessary to provide the service to you and to continually improve it and the content available through it.
Section III. Submission, Storage, Sharing of Personal Data and Confidential information
We respect your privacy and we understand the salient and confidential nature of the information you provide to us, so we assure you that all information supplied to us will be held confidential. However, there are times we may disclose your information to third parties. Some of those instances include:
- To the extent necessary for the purpose of providing our service, the personal data which you give us during the registration process may be transferred to third parties within the EEA who we engage from time to time to provide us with any services or facilities which we use for the purpose of administering our business, and providing our products and services to customers.
- Law enforcement agencies for the purpose of investigating crimes, address fraud, by a subpoena or court of law, to prevent violation of terms of service, security issues, protection and safety of users or for other security matters permitted by the law.
Please ensure to keep your confidential information and password away from third parties; please note that we will not be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the Confidential Information or Other Information that you voluntarily share.
It is your responsibility to protect your username and password from disclosure to others. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to access your personal information.
If you notice your account has been breached, please inform us of it promptly.
In the event of any change, modification or alteration in our operational activities, such modification or changes will be brought to your notice promptly by posting such update on our website or through an email update.
Section IV. Retention time
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required for the purpose they have been collected for.
Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and you shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
Personal Data may be retained for a longer period whenever required to do so, either for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
The personal data that you provide when registering with theafrikanaesthetic.com is retained until you ask us to delete it.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Section V. Data Transfer
All the information you supplied to us are safe and secure. Your Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Section VI. Children’s Privacy
If you are less than 18 years of age, you are advised to stay away from this website. In the event we realize we have received information from a customer under 18 years of age, without the parent’s consent, such information will be deleted immediately.
Section VII. Processing of Personal Data Under GDPR
The Afrikan Aesthetic has set out the condition for which we collect and use the personal data of our customers or users from European Economic Area (EEA), this condition or basis depends mainly on the specific data collected.
We process your data for the following reasons:
- For the purpose of processing payment
- If you instruct us to do so
- In obedience to law
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For contract performance
Section VIII. The Rights of Users
Individual data subjects have the following rights under the GDPR.
- Withdraw their consent at any time.Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data.Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their Data.Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, we will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority. Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not, however, use your personal data in this way.
Contact us for more information about our use of your personal data and how such rights can be exercised. We will ask for verification of identity before honoring such request, please take note of this.
Section IX. Unsubscribe/Opt-out
You may unsubscribe to our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mail communications. In other words, we offer you the chance to “opt-out” from having your personally identifiable information used for particular functions, when we ask you for this detail. When you register on the website, if you do not want to receive any additional material or notifications from us, you can show your preference on our registration form.
Section X. Privacy Policies of Other Websites
We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our Website or its Content, and thus we cannot be held liable for your privacy of the information on their website that you voluntarily share with said website. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use and protect the privacy of your Confidential Information and Other Information.
Section XII. Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Confidential Information or Other Information available for viewing by others online through this Website or its Content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the Confidential Information or Other Information that you voluntarily share.
Section XIII. Security/Protection of Your Information
We appreciate and value the information you give to us so we take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website your information is protected both online and offline. Whenever we collect sensitive information [such as credit card data], that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job [for example, billing or customer service] are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Section XIV. Assignment of Rights
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies:
- Session Cookies. Session Cookies are used for operation of our services.
- Preference Cookies. Preference Cookies remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. Security Cookies for security purposes.
For questions, comments or concerns please contact us at the following:
Email: [email protected]